The Danish ESS simulation group partakes in a number of tasks related to the simulation of neutron scattering instruments and components for the European Spallation Source (ESS).
Calendar / Future events
A non-exhaustive list of past, present and future responsibilities of the group is:
- Training in simulation techniques.
- Help desk for McStas.
- Simulations of general interest, such as e.g. beam extraction and guides.
- Development of critical components for McStas.
- Simulation of consequences of changes to accelerator time structure.
- Simulations of particular instruments on request from ESS.
- Virtual experiments.
- Development of interfaces for data analysis software.
- Quality assurance of all simulations.
- Participation in the ESS Neutron guide task force